Humnoy has been obsessed with drawing – on paper, on walls, on himself. I try to channel this new-found skill into what every mother does – try to make crafts out of this adorable toddler activity, Instagram it, and send it off to family and friends. Where else do I turn but to Pinterest? Duh. I came across this super easy and simple craft that didn’t require any special items. I had everything in my home and an average crafter’s drawer.
All you need is:
- an empty toilet paper roll
- red paint
- envelopes (if you’re gifting your toddler creation to a special someone)
All you do is (as adapted from Rust and Sunshine):
- Flatten the paper roll so it has a crease on both sides.
- Push one crease inward to make a heart, and wrap a piece of tape around the tube to help the heart hold its shape.
- Dip one end in the paint.
- Hand it to the excited toddler and let them have fun!
- Do the craft around Valentine’s Day
- Add a note inside with a “just because… I love you” for a sweet non-Valentine’s occasion
- Try it with a rainbow paint palette for a colorful friendship card